Sunday, November 9, 2014

Bones Kidneys Worms Music

Oooh lots to mention in this post. 

Bones:
I was recently diagnosed with Osteoporosis and I wanted to talk about this as a warning to anyone who has a inflammatory condition. Chronic inflammation of any kind can cause Osteoporosis. That coupled with spending everyday in bed or on the couch is a recipe for disaster. Calcium that should be in your bones leaches out into your tissues and blood stream. This is something every Dr should know an yet it seems very few actually bother to tell their patients or test their patients for it. WHY??!! I was actually really angry when I got the diagnosis. My Dr is very aware of my situation and health concerns, why did he not suggest a bone density scan years ago. If I had caught this earlier then I probably could have stopped it getting to this point.  So my message is if you have ME-CFS, Lyme, MCS, Fibro or some other inflammatory condition then ask your Dr for a bone density scan NOW.

Kidneys:
I have been having daily kidney pain for close to 2 years now. I have talked about this before and six months ago I was in hospital with a kidney stone. At that time they told me I had five more stones still in my kidneys. I may have more by now. This relates in part back to the Osteoporosis. Because calcium is leaching out of my bones some of it is ending up as calcium oxalate crystals in my kidneys. So now I am in a catch 22 situation. I should be supplementing with calcium and D3 etc to help control the Osteoporosis but doing so will possibly cause more kidney stones. I say possibly because I have not been able to get a definitive answer about this. My Dr told me NOT to take any calcium or D3 and yet recent research that I have looked at says it’s a myth and that taking high dose calcium will in fact block oxalate and stop kidney stones forming. So who do I believe? I hate these situations.

The thing I have chosen to try is modifying my diet and cutting out high oxalate foods. I have been doing this for about 3 weeks with interesting but not always pleasant results. Within a week the daily kidney pain I have been having was totally gone. But I find now that I am having random days where it comes back badly and I also get other symptoms like chills, neuropathy, cramps etc. The oxalate experts say this is ‘ox dumping’ … or the body having a spontaneous detox of oxalates. Once my system has sufficiently lowed its burden of oxalates this should stop … or so they say ….

Worms:
I had my second dose of Hookworms 6 weeks ago and am happy to say it has mostly been side effect free this time. But, in the last couple of weeks I am having gastritis quite badly after every single thing I eat. I haven’t been able to find anyway to control it. I don’t even know for sure it’s the worms doing it, it could be the change in diet although I don’t think so. All I can do is wait it out and hope it gets better not worse. On the positive side I am having less fatigue and less food intolerance which is encouraging.


Music:
I am due for more Hookworms in about 6 weeks time and so I have written and recorded some more songs to sell/give away as a way to help with the costs. If you are also sick or poor then I am happy for you to download the tracks for free, but please share the link on social media to help me. If you have a job then I would greatly appreciate it if you paid to download the songs. Just a dollar or two is fine .. it will all help me with the medical expenses. There are two songs and two remixes as well. Here is the link:



Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting, great to read you have had some positive changes amongst everything else :) I've been finding a sip of yakult after meals helps the gastritis, - might be worth trying. Xo Ket

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I'm Lindsey! I have a question about living with osteoporosis and would love to speak with you, could you please email me when you have a chance? Thanks so much!

    lindseyDOTcaldwellATrecallcenterDOTcom

    ReplyDelete