Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Unexpected visitor


A couple of nights ago I heard the sounds of things being knocked over outside my front door. I live in an apartment on the top floor. There are 3 flights of stairs in an enclosed stairwell up to my door. When I heard these noises I thought someone was out there getting up to some sort of mischief. I dragged myself off the couch and over to the door, looked through the peephole but couldn't see anything. I could still hear something going on out there so I opened the door to find an 8 foot diamond python fossicking through the random junk that I have sitting out there. Eeek! not what I was expecting.
It was 10.30 at night and it was far from being one of my better days so I was not in any fit state to deal with this sort of thing. I had to do something though! I had a look online to try and find an after hours snake handler. A couple were listed in my area but none answered their phones. By this time I was feeling really exhausted and ill. I called my Dad and he called a snake handler he had used before and she agreed to come and remove the snake. In the meantime, without my knowledge the snake made its way down the stairs and sat in front of my downstairs neighbours door just as she was about to leave for work. I heard an almighty scream followed by lots of hysterical swearing!
About half an hour later the snake lady came and rescued us hahaha.
Not a pleasant story but a welcome distraction from my current state of dreadful health. I am still not much better but wont ruin this fun post with that nonsense!!

11 comments:

  1. A late night visitor. Hey, you've still got the magic, Lee.

    On the Reptile Visitors theme: a skink found itself stranded in my flat this week. Almost as exciting. Not. :)

    (I was too ill to help it find its way out. Hoping it did it on its own, poor lost little skinky.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's absolute craziness!!!!
    I didn't know there were python's in Australia (ignorant Canadian here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LeeLee,

    This is my first visit to your blog and WOW what excitement lol!! I bet you are exhausted after this! A big spider ran across my living room last week and it took me about 3 days to recover from the stress of it haha!

    Kitty x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kitty, thanks for dropping in :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I hate snakes. Why don't they stay out in the bush were their supposed to. Everytime I go into the garage I look down while i'm turning the light on. Really paranoid one is going to come inside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cocktail party story! I love it! My kids love snakes, they would have asked to keep it. And I may have agreed. :) We're just crazy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool tale! Hope the snake was returned to the wild?

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes Judy, the snake was returned to the wild :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my Gosh! I'm totally creeped out! Yikes. I almost closed your blog when I saw the photo! Holy Cow Batman. You are so brave. I think I would have wet my pants.

    And your neighbor. Poor thing! Oh my gosh! It's funny in a really sick, demented way.

    I'm so glad you are okay - from the snake. I hope you get to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. holy crap!
    I love the hysterical swearing part.. haha

    Zab

    ReplyDelete