Sunday, March 7, 2010

Would you like fries with that?


Yesterday something truly fantastic happened!!! I went out !!! I wasn’t going to hospital or to see a Dr, but I WENT OUT !!!

The night before I started taking Endep which is an old school type of anti depressant. I am not suffering from depression but my Dr reckons that taken in very low dosage it helps us CFS people with sleep. So I gave it a go and WOW, I slept deeply all night. It was heaven  So yesterday when I got out of bed I felt better than I had in months. I phoned my good friend Michael and he came and got me and took me to the park. OK, so it wasn’t out to the movies or for dinner or a night club or theme park ….. but I was out of my house doing something nice for the first time since November 2009. I even had a short walk, maybe 100 meters. I sat on a bench and lapped up the fresh air and watch people … mmmmm it was really nice.

On the way home we did the drive through at McDonalds and I GOT FRIES …. Yippeeee. Hahaha. Sounds like small stuff to be exited about but honestly I have been craving fries for ages and it’s not something I can organize easily.

So a walk in the park and fries. Yesterday was a fab day 

I have to say that I was expecting some payback today though. You always expect to have that icky malaise the day after to ‘do something’. But so far so good …. I don’t feel as god as yesterday but I’m doing ok.

I think I had a little glimpse of what it’s like to feel normal again and it’s given me new hope ……

9 comments:

  1. Yes, I take a similar medication and it really helps with sleep and pain. It's so great that you had a little break in the relentlessness of it all. Let's hope it's the start of a trend.

    What's normal like? I can't remember. Keep taking the pills :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate the moment! Hip hip hurrah!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope is good! I like hope. We need days like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Graham, where can I find your book? I am keen for a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly what you mean about feeling great about getting fries! One thing I'm grateful for this illness is the ability to find joy in the small things .

    I'll keep my fingers crossed that you have many, many more days like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I found your blog through several others. I'm in California, moving into spring while you're moving into winter.

    I don't know if you have Burger King over there but I did the same thing you did about a month ago. I had my husband take me to the drive through and got a Big Whopper. I hardly ever go out, so this was on the way back from a doctor's appointment. I had the greatest time eating that burger. So funny, since before I got sick (in 2001), I never ate stuff life that. But it gave me such a lift, partly because it made me feel "normal." Twisted maybe (since even healthy people shouldn't be eating junk food) but worth every bite! A mental health Whopper!

    Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Toni, nice to meet you too!!
    A mental health Whopper, hahaha I love it :)

    Yes we do have Burger King here so they will be next on my list hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lee -

    How wonderful for you!! Yes, treating the sleep dysfunction makes a huge difference - so glad you found something that works so quickly. It often takes a lot of trial and error to find the right meds and the right dose.

    I completely understand your euphoria at getting out! Isn't is great after too much time spent at home? And every 6 weeks when I drive to see my Lyme doctor 90 minutes away, I treat myself to a Burger King burger (no cheese) and fries on my way home! And all that salt is good for us - bonus!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the out of house experience!

    D.

    ReplyDelete