Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter excitement


Firstly, happy Easter everyone! I hope that you all get to spend time with your families or get to do something FUN for a day or two. I don’t plan on doing anything special, but I don’t really celebrate Easter or Christmas. I might just go through old photos or something, that’s always a nice thing for me to do :)

Secondly, Yah!!!!! My application for disability support from the government was approved today!!! They have agreed to pay me $255 per week which I certainly wont be grumbling about. I think the maximum they will pay is about $320 per week but it depends on your assets and cash on hand etc. It really is GREAT news for me and a real victory for anyone who has one of these illusive illnesses. In recent weeks I had felt the worry and stress starting to rise over my financial downfall so I can now ‘relax’ for a while. Aaaaahhhhh :) hehehe

Regarding my previous post, thanks to everyone who commented, it’s great to hear stories of people who have recovered. Some people were asking why and how these people had recovered. If anyone knows what treatments worked then PLEASE leave a comment with any info you have … any positive info is always welcome.

I can’t wait to tell my friends and family that I am officially disabled haha (they have been calling me a retard for years LOL).

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Wonderful news! The best part is not having the stress hanging over your head.

    I've devoured stories about recovery, searching for clues that would help me find the magic bullet. The only thing they had in common was pacing, pacing, pacing. Some people just get better; some people don't. Sucks, doesn't it? I can tell you're like me and you want to DO something! Everybody experiences this disease differently, everybody reacts differently to treatments. Just keep experimenting to find what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so pleased for you about the disability payments. That's a real victory and must be a weight off your mind.

    Happy Easter to you too. That has to be the gayest Easter bunny I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now now, LL, that's NOT very PC is it ??? :O)

    I'll forgive you...just this once.

    Congrats on the disability payments. It must be a huge relief and now you can concentrate on pacing yourself and doing more productive and uplifting things than filling in forms.

    BTW...don't think you should teeter out on those stilletos in broad daylight. They might retract their decision to give you the disability payments and break your egg !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news! Have a relaxing and peaceful weekend!

    I've heard some people get better with thyroid and adrenal support, though the adrenals are tricky. Try to get the T3 and T4 thyroid tests, as well as adrenal hormones such as DHEA and cortisol, if you haven't already. I finally found a doc who will order those, even with a 'normal' TSH. I think the gland issues are likely symptoms of a virus/retrovirus, so I'm continuing antiviral supplements (VCO). I have no idea if any of this works so far, but I've heard of others who improve on glandular support.

    Cheers to thinking about things that are neither money nor illness related for the long weekend! :D

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news, Lee. Love your Easter picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Belated congratulations on DSP.
    I'm glad to hear that you got the approval quickly and without hassle. :-)

    ReplyDelete